At GMG Property Services, we understand that your privacy is exceptionally important to you. That is why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all of our users of our website and any other services we provide ("our Services").
Please be advised that we are only describing our own practices. This policy does not apply to third parties, including other companies you may interact with.
Please read this entire policy carefully. When using our website, contact form, appointment form and services, you are agreeing to the practices described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is GMG Property Services, a company registered in England and Wales.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Any information that you provide to us, such as your name/surname, address, email address and telephone number and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description, details of your household or business, details of any pets you may have and any information about you or your property revealed in photographs of your property which you provide to us (or which you permit us to take) and any other information that you choose to provide voluntarily, when you:
- Filling in our contact or enquiry form
- Submit a booking enquiry through our websites
- Make a booking through our websites
- Subscribe to receive newsletters we may offer from time to time;
- Correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat facility on our website (whereby we will keep a transcript of that correspondence); or report a problem with any of our Services.
Additional information that we may collect automatically as and when you visit our website:
- Basic demographic information and preferences (if you opted in for sharing demographic data in your Google Account; technical information, including the type of device ) you use, network information, your operating system, the type of browser you use, etc;
- statistical usage data about our users' browsing actions, patterns, interactions and navigation through our apps and/or websites. Please note that this data does not identify any individual;
What we do with your information
We use the information you give to us, to do the following:
- to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange for the service to be carried out
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or our the Services;
- to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you and to send you any account-related information and announcements;
- to ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device;
- to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that we feel may interest you by post, telephone, SMS or email. We will send that information by SMS or email only if:
- you have consented to this; or
- the information is about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you (and you have not opted out of receiving such marketing messages); or
- after opting out (and/or unsubscribing) you continue to use our services; or
We will provide your data to the relevant contractor who is allocated to carry out the particular service to you. This information may include (i) your name, address and contact details; (ii) the details about your property and the services you require, together with any relevant photographs you may have provided; (iii) the non-binding quote we have provided to you; and (iv) your payment details.
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
- to monitor and improve the security, quality and efficiency of our products and services;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features on the websites and apps, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you and to otherwise manage our relationship with our clients.
We use the information about you that we collect from other sources in combination with the information you give to us and the information about you that we collect automatically. We will only use such information for the purposes detailed above.
Where we store and process your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server here in London.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website for the purpose of rescheduling or cancelling any appointments you have already booked with us, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
All payments made through via our mobile terminal or over the phone are encrypted using the most powerful technology. We do not store any of your credit or debit card details in connection with your payment.
Disclosure of your information
- If you do not make payments that you owe in relation to any services provided to you by the service provider, in which case we may disclose your personal data to credit reference agencies and to fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention. We may also disclose your personal data to debt collection agencies which may use your information to trace your whereabouts and recover the debts. The information which we provide to such agencies may in turn be provided by those agencies to other organisations which may use your personal data to perform similar checks. Information recorded by fraud prevention agencies may be accessed by organisations in other jurisdictions;
- Protect clients and/or any third parties;
- If we are forced to protect our own rights, property and operations (enforcing contract performance or pursuing remedies or limiting damages we may sustain).
We are committed to securing personal information and any data we collect from clients. We use physical, technical and organisational security safeguards to help protect the information that we have collected from unauthorised access and third parties. However, please note that no server, network or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted through our websites, apps and account systems and make no assurance about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse. By choosing to share any information with us, you are accepting this risk.